WordPress Developer – Digital Agencyref: 3028 SGMSCXE2
- £20 to £30K Negotiable
Our client is a long established digital agency based in Central Leeds. They’re a tight knit mix of creatives and developers with a methodical project management process. Proudly team led and growing, they are looking for a talented web developer to join them.
Our Ideal candidate;
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work on Public and Private sector WordPress and PHP projects from their Leeds City centre offices. Ideally you will have at least 2+ years of agency experience working with bespoke WordPress projects.
- Building reusable components
- Creating CRUD functionality through WordPress utilising Advanced Custom Fields
- Creating bespoke WordPress functionality including plugin development
- Working in an agile way to meet client expectations
- Working with open source as both a user and a contributor
- Liaising with clients on projects specs, feedback and support requests
- Working with their lead developer, senior developers and system admins to improve and
refactor their workflow, adapting to new industry standards and best practices
- Cross browser compatibility
- Mentoring and tutoring junior members of the team
- Engaging with their Work In The Web workshops and university guest lecturing
- Be able to write clean, semantic HTML
- Be able to write lean, optimised, responsive CSS using Sass and BEM methodologies
- You can write PHP using version 7+
- You have a solid understanding of MySQL
- You can build WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience in version control via Git/Github
- You are an enthusiastic problem solver and are capable of adapting to varying client briefs
- You are a team player
Nice to haves (but not essential):
- Experience with Laravel
- Command Line (CLI)
- Knowledge of NPM
- Experience with *Nix server administration
- PHP Standards e.g. PSR/2
- Agile methodology
- Scrum experience using Trello/Asana/Jira e.t.c.
- API Integration
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
You will work on a range of client projects as part of their team with the opportunity to take ownership of projects and work directly with clients to create meaningful solutions that you can be proud of.
They organise regular social events and adventures and understand that life can be hectic so offer flexible working (including planned remote working days).
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays – you’ll earn more the longer you stay with them
- A MacBook Pro plus a second screen and workstation
- Competitive salary, bonus and incentive schemes
- They reward successful new business leads
- Regular team breakfast/ lunches and plenty of tea and La Bottega Milanese coffee in the
- Free hosting – if you have a private project you can host the site on one of their servers
- Cycle to work scheme with secure bike store and showers at the office
- Gym membership or other fitness activities allowance
- A generous budget for national and international conferences
Keywords: Word press developer, wordpress developer, Web developer, back end developer, backend developer, PHP developer, web development, front end developer, FED, HTML, CSS, PHP, web developer jobs in Leeds.
Commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, York, Harrogate, Halifax, Huddersfield, Dewsbury, Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.