Videographer / Social Media Marketing Assistantref: 2092 SCHPOAH
- £19,528 per annum (pro rata)
Our client is large educational institution based in North Yorkshire. They provide high quality, student centric, career focused higher education on the Yorkshire Coast as well as a base to serve the wider region. They work in close collaboration with a number of partners including a range of employers and are supported by a wider national group infrastructure. They have new purpose built facilities located at the heart of Scarborough’s brand new £multimillion education and sports campus and are looking to recruit a video / social media specialist to join the team.
- You will be the sole candidate in charge of the creation of videos in their entirety including shooting, editing and post-production.
- You will help to deliver effective digital communications with all stakeholder groups, with a strong focus on creating engaging video and other media content
- Mainly using social media and digital content creation, you will make a significant and proactive contribution to student recruitment, marketing activity, their brand and corporate reputation
- You will assist with the effective promotion of all study programmes and wider activities, making a major contribution to ensuring that organisational objectives are met
Social Media Content
- creative input across marketing activity
- film making
- pre-production for filming projects
- post-production for filming projects
- assisting in monitoring and updating all social media platforms
- ensuring all digital content adheres to standards and guidelines
- social listening
- liaising with external suppliers, broadcasters and agencies as appropriate
- assist with wider/professional photoshoots and video production sessions
- liaison with design team
- merchandise and exhibition items
- maintain excellent relationships with group colleagues
- contribute to key marketing activity, e.g. campaigns and events, as required
– Required Skills:
- Degree-level qualification with a strong Creative Marketing, Digital or Communications focus (or equivalent professional experience in a related area)
- Video and image production experience (examples will be required)
- Experience of commercial monitoring and updating of all major Social Media platforms
- Excellent creative skills including film and photography
- Editing and post-production skills (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite packages)
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong communication skills and proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular work-related travel essential (travel expenses paid)
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly including weekends and evenings as necessary
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
This is a fantastic opportunity to be immersed in a highly creative position at an exciting stage of promotion for this new era. You will have the freedom to put your own mark on an exciting range of content and be able to put your hand to many different medias.
This role is a 6 month fixed term contract, suitable for any level of experience and a showreel must be supplied with your CV.
The post is primarily based in Scarborough with some possibility of work from home editing days (or lieu days based on working week schedule).
If you are not based in Scarborough and intend to take a 6-month rental accommodation option then they can also assist in this.
Keywords: Photography, Photographer, Video, Film, Videographer, premiere, animation, adobe, creative suite, photographic, social media, production, campaigns, marketing, communications, facebook.
Commutable from: Scarborough, York, Leeds, Hull, Middlesborough, Beverley, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, East Riding.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.