Mechanical Design Engineer – Signage Industryref: 3015 NOASVS2
- £27K to 30K Negotiable on experience
Our client is an award winning, market leader in the Signage / Graphics industry. They are a large Leeds based company with a varied blue chip customer base that encompasses sectors including retail, banking, automotive, licensed trade and more. Long established and led by a team that are at the forefront of the sector, this company provides for some of the biggest companies in the country. They are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their small (but growing) engineering team asap!
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our Ideal candidate;
You will be responsible for designing and producing detailed drawings to provided specifications so they’re looking for someone with some experience in this. You will be able to work on your own as well as with other colleagues within the team and the company so communication skills are important. The team is growing so you will could be managing other junior engineers in the future. Signage or similar experience would be preferential.
You must be a pro-active, enthusiastic and personable team player with a can-do attitude as well as good technical experience in engineering design.
- Design and produce detailed Engineering drawings for various types of Signage using Solid Edge 3D Engineering Software.
- Produce manufacturing drawings to Company Standards.
- Produce a working BOM using Excel Spreadsheet.
- Working to British and European Standards
Solid Edge 3D Design
- Excellent practical experience of using Solid Edge 3D Software to produce innovative and cost-effective designs
- A knowledge of Solid Edge FEA would be beneficial
- A general knowledge of Structural Engineering and Wind Loadings would be beneficial
- A knowledge of Keyshot 3D Rendering and Animation but not essential
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office
- Possess a basic understanding of Sheet Metal Engineering and Manufacturing
- Communicating concepts and ideas both verbally and by drawings
- Good Communication Skills and able to liaise between Project Managers and Shop Floor Personnel
- A methodical and Organised approach to problem solving.
- Team working skills
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
There is lots of scope for progression, with a clear path to promotion along with plenty of scope for personal growth. High quality service, innovation and job satisfaction is vital to them and they know that the most important asset they have is their staff.
They are looking for someone who is ready to advance their career within a highly creative, technically strong company that has some amazing brands and sites to work on.
The company has a great, long term view for all their people and constantly provide support, development and progression.
This role is perfect for someone who is looking for variety, the chance to developer their skills and be involved in new projects with a fantastic manager.
Salary is dependent on experience but likely to be around £30000 (depending on experience) per annum plus benefits.
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, technical drawings, solid edge, 3d design, manufacturing design, Keyshot 3D, Sheet Metal, signage, Structural Engineering, Wind Loadings, retail, engineering jobs, mechanical design jobs.
Commutable from: Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Halifax, Dewsbury, Harrogate, Wakefield, York, West Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.