Junior Graphic Designer – Yorkref: 3002 JVSOAHE
- £16,000 - £20,000 pa depending on experience
Our client is an award-winning, internationally known, independent educational charity which specialises in archaeological heritage and they urgently require a talented graphic designer to join the team!
Working across branding and promotional campaigns covering all aspects of the group attractions, festivals, community engagement and resource materials, you will be joining a fun working environment where you’ll be given a lot of creative freedom and the responsibility of being an ambassador of their renowned brands.
The main tasks of the job will be:
- Designing promotional material – posters, leaflets, adverts, signage etc
- Creating content for use on digital platforms – websites, social, promotional screens etc
- Production of interpretation material – exhibition panels, publications, powerpoint presentations etc
- Amending existing designs to deliver a coherent voice to all creative
- Reviewing and contributing to new branding guidelines
- Working for a fast paced marketing team, contributing to the overall strategy
- Assisting where required in helping with other marketing duties such as social media scheduling, web updates, and other administrative tasks
Junior Creative Designer
– Required Skills:
- Experience of creating multi-media graphics
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite (and other relevant software)
- The ability to think conceptually and contribute to the process of creative development
- Creative flair
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to talk through your design decisions with team members, clients etc
- The confidence to take the initiative and get on with jobs without a lot of supervision
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to produce high quality work under time constraints
- Degree, HND or foundation or similar qualification in Graphic Design
- Interest in History, Heritage and Archaeology would be beneficial, but not essential.
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a world famous heritage trust based in Central York and gain some fantastic experience working on exciting projects.
SALARY: £16,000 – £20,000 pa depending on experience.
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 Hours p/w.
Fixed term 1 year contract, with potential to extend.
HOLIDAY: 28 DAYS P/A INCLUSIVE OF BANK HOLIDAYS.
LOCATION: CENTAL YORK.
Keywords: Graphic Designer, Junior designer, Creative designer, heritage, archeology, Junior graphic designer, adobe creative suite, graduate jobs, graduate designer, graphic design jobs.
Commutable from: Leeds, Harrogate, York, Bradford, Thirsk, Hull, North Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.