Product Development Designerref: 2034 NSPNG23
- £30K to £33K depending on experience
Our client is an international brand implementation agency that brings global household brands to life in any medium across the world. They work with some of the world’s largest companies, turning concepts into reality, making sure everything is managed, produced and installed to consistently high standards every time. They’re looking for a talented, passionate and highly motivated Product Development Designer with superb conceptual abilities.
About the role:
Do you live and breathe great design? If so then this is an outstanding career opportunity within a brilliant brand implementation company, working with some of the biggest global brands.
Your portfolio will need to demonstrate your undoubted technical ability as well as being able to bring a fresh approach to an already highly talented multi-disciplinary team.
You will have a strong understanding of design for manufacture, be a hands-on product development designer with project leading abilities, coupled with supreme job running attributes and first class presentation skills.
They’re looking for a multi disciplined 3D development designer to design, develop & engineer various products for multi disciplined environments including but not limited to Retail, Banking, Automotive, Signage, Secure environments.
The ideal candidate (but not essential) would have the ability to create stunning visuals using 3D Studio Max with Vray.
Product Development Designer
- Engineer products from concept to manufacture for prototype and roll out programmes whist working with clients, design agencies and manufacturers
- Produce well engineered, cost effective products that can be manufactured in various locations around the world.
- Create engineering drawing packs for multi disciplined manufacture.
- Creating visuals and general arrangement drawings for client presentation / sign off procedures.
- Develop / engineer various internal & external components
- Produce fully developed / engineered components ready for manufacture for prototyping, bespoke and roll out components
- Produce technical drawings / Solidworks assemblies ready for manufacture
- Produce concept visuals for client presentations
Product Development designer
- Excellent research skills for new products, materials and processes.
- Experienced in materials and various manufacturing techniques: joinery, signage, metal fabrication etc.
- Degree in a Design / Engineering related qualification.
- Proficient in MS packages and Solidworks, Autocad, graphical software CorelDraw, Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have solid industry experience including the ability to design for manufacture
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable and confident communicating with clients, internal project management, internal & external manufacturing teams.
- Must possess design project management skills including the ability to work independently, strong time management and confidence to flag issues and provide solutions.
- Flexibility to meet deadlines to produce the required output, including after-hours work.
- Must be extremely detail orientated and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in the production of signage components preferred but not essential.
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
The role is based out of Huddersfield and will involve working with World leading clients in the luxury sectors including automotive.
Salary is £30-33k.
Keywords: Product designer, product development design, automotive, solidworks, Autocad, interior design, 3d, 3D studio Max, Vray.
Commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Manchester, Dewsbury, Sheffield, Barnsley, West Yorkshire.