Web Developer / Mentor / Teacher – Further Educationref: 3007 COHASC
- £36K + Benefits + Training + Qualifications
Our client is a further and higher education college based in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England. They are one of the largest providers of further education courses and work-based learning (apprenticeships) and are looking for 2 digital developers to join them asap!
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading College that works in partnership with businesses that are at the forefront of digital transformation. They have had significant investment into a brand new digital hub created specifically to help the next generation acquire cutting edge skills and experience and require technical experts to help deliver new digital courses.
They are recruiting for digital developers with a range of knowledge who can help develop digital skills for their students. You will co-ordinate projects in collaboration with students and employers in their new state-of-the-art Digital and Creative Industries Centre (DigiHub) whilst enjoying some fantastic employee benefits.
They are looking for people with expertise in one or more of the following
- Cyber security
- Systems and Networks,
- Cloud Infrastructure,
- Software Development in a range of languages.
- Software Testing
Your responsibilities will include:
- researching and developing digital topics and teaching materials
- helping large and small groups of learners from a range of backgrounds, abilities and ages
- monitoring and assessing students’ work
- carrying out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to students
- conduct tutorials on a one-to-one basis with learners
- plan additional support for students
- contribute to team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses
- liaise with other educational professionals and organisations
- undertake a range of administrative tasks.
You will be working mainly with post-16 or adult learners leading and delivering agile projects. You will need to be dynamic, innovative and creative with the ability to influence and motivate the next generation of digital experts.
– Required Skills:
- Strong experience in a commercial digital role
- Interest in education / teaching / tutoring / mentoring
- Very strong communication skills, able to multitask effectively and recognise priorities
- Ability to create full life cycle projects
- Can pass on knowledge, give guidance, train and deliver
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
- Excellent work/life balance – 47 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- High quality pension scheme
- Full Support package (including regular access to a college and industry based mentor and dedicated hours to plan project delivery content)
- Professional Development with a focus on maintaining and enhancing digital based skills
- Flexible working and hours
- Working in new state of the art facilities
- Access to on-site sporting and gym facilities
- Free parking
If you’ve got a strong background in digital, excellent communication, interpersonal and organisation skills and are interested in teaching post-16 or adult learners, this role could be the career step for you.
Keywords: Web developer, Digital Developer, further education, teaching, teacher, software developer, HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, WordPress, teaching jobs in yorkshire.
Commutable from: Leeds, Halifax, Barnsley, Sheffield, Bradford, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.