UI / UX Designer – Software Houseref: 3095 OBAIOBZ
- Negotiable depending on experience
Our client is an award-winning Software House based in Leeds City Centre, who specialise in web technology solutions for the Travel industry. Their Web Platform is their in-house framework with which they build and support high volume, high profile, high revenue-generating Travel websites.
They are creative, innovative, passionate, experienced, responsive, dedicated and looking for a designer to join the team asap!
You will be working with clients to generate ideas, gather requirements and ultimately be part of a team that delivers visually captivating, functional websites. Taking responsibility of the delivery of visual designs, wireframes and cutting edge UX/UI, you will have access to an outsource design team where projects overlap.
Internally, you will work closely with the management team to update and manage the Company brand and promotional material. They generally exhibit once to twice a year, so you can expect some challenges outside of website design which could include brochure and exhibition stand design.
- Creative Design including but not limited to Visual Concepts, Wireframing, Brand consultancy, Email Marketing, Brochure design as well as ownership of Company brand
- Project based information architecture, UX, UI wireframing and interaction design including defining and categorising web content
- Attending and presenting at project workshops and client meetings
- Participation in the delivery of project documents
- Overseeing Creative implementation and UX flows throughout project lifecycles, acting as a point of QA during development and before Clients take delivery of a site or feature
- Ownership of the Company brand
- Including but not limited to the Company website, print and exhibition materials, client documentation and presentations, e-marketing
- Keep up to date with current design practices and trends in web and graphic design and deploy new practices where they will benefit our customer offering / internal processes
A strong online portfolio of work that demonstrates involvement in the production of first-class functional, user-centred designs is an absolute must.
In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and discuss;
- Commercial experience in functional UI design
- Good understanding and experience of UCD processes
- Use of wireframing/prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq…)
- Experience in mobile UI / UX / UCD
- Experience in brand management
- Excellent written language & experience in delivering structured project documents
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to engage with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Understanding of web accessibility and user interface web standards
- Good understanding of search engine optimisation and interpretation/manipulation of analytics
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Applicants MUST be eligible to work full time in the UK
- Experience in design for print
- Good HTML & CSS
- Understanding or experience of the Travel industry
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
Benefits for this role include 25.5 days holiday + bank holidays, a day’s holiday for your birthday, profit and performance related Bonus scheme, training budget and 3% of salary contribution to stakeholder pension.
You will be given the opportunity to develop innovative solutions, apply analytical & problem-solving skills and thrive in your passion for creating journeys on the web.
You will be working in a friendly and open environment where full training, support and potential for career growth are available.
They are based in Leeds city centre; just a few minutes’ walk from the train station.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Keywords: Web design, web designer, digital designer, mobile design, e-commerce design, UI designer, UX designer, journey planner, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, CSS, UI, UX.
Commutable from: Bradford, Leeds, York, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Dewsbury, Harrogate, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.