Technical Separation Manager – Wallpaperref: 3021 SNARWP83
- 32K to £36,500 (negotiable DOE)
Our client is a renowned product design specialist who design, manufacture and retail a vast array of creative products for interiors – especially wallpaper. They are looking for a Technical Manager with a strong background in crafts, textiles, surface patterns, illustration, art, fashion, greetings cards, interiors or similar.
Technical Separation Artist
Our Ideal candidate;
The successful candidate will have technical and management experience and a passion for the DIY/home decoration/homewares arena, with strong experience of working within a fast-paced commercial driven design studio.
You will underpin the technical ability of the Design Team, inspire, train and support the Senior Designer and Director in all projects and work in progress right through to completion.
You will have built seasoned experience in all aspects of technical separation and will be at home in solving problems to create that final polished product
Showing a natural eye for detail, with the ability to be both self-critical and proactively responsive to other designer’s work, you will continually be steered to think outside the box and have a ‘can do’ approach to pioneer the perfection of their products in their final stages.
A focussed and commercial attitude will not be amiss, and you will play a pivotal part of the development of all commercial products within the department.
Alongside the fast-paced design requirements, you will relentlessly push the boundaries of technology within the department, applying your adept ideas to develop and maintain the Company’s technical capability beyond its years and ensure they are at the forefront of innovation.
The role requires an emphatic, motivating technical manager with a central ability to display and stimulate first class qualities into the separation and technical approach of the department whilst providing the means in which to achieve success in the highly competitive market. Delivery of outstanding results will ensure your effortless progression through the business.
- To exceptionally manipulate, scan and separate digitally supplied painted/drawn/created artworks on a consistently high level on a daily basis. The ability to impart learned knowledge in staff training, problem-solve issues and illustrate/drive out-of-the-box thinking at all times. All designs and creative work will consistently be produced to a standard allowing for high level presentations.
- To have and consistently demonstrate exceptional AVA Colour management skills across the breadth of your work and impart this skill to all other designers, to each and every project in its final stages of preparation.
- To have and communicate, in a training environment, superior skills with AVA and Photoshop design software packages. To lead and develop a continuous training regime for the department seeking to grow and advance each designer to their own particular skill requirement.
- To take a pivotal role in the deliverability of multiple customer and trend led projects from cradle to grave. Ability to drive the standard of the designs whilst managing stakeholders involved and keeping within tight deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- To refine, examine and create the final technically correct files ready for engraving and subsequently take responsibility for the liaison and management of the external engravers/suppliers to ensure the product is produced to the exacting standards required.
- A role and knowledge into the factory production will be expected and the ability to drive innovation and bring ideas back into the design department and the factories themselves. Factory visits will be required on an ad-hoc basis with an expectation to balance the production of the ‘best product within the shortest time’ drawing from experience of quality vs commercialism.
- To apply and have an in-depth knowledge of the Mac OSX system including all aspects of the internal server system and backup processes which underpin the technical backdrop to the design department. Installation and supervisory maintenance of all related hardware and software within the department whilst juggling liaison with suppliers and internal managers to develop the wider I.T infrastructure within a design context.
- In depth knowledge of flexo, gravure, screen printing and a good general knowledge of all wallcoverings processes.
- Good photographic/digital camera knowledge
- You should have over 5 years’ experience at this level of expertise, in addition to extensive years’ experience in a technical role. You will need to demonstrate exceptional flair aligned with commercial acumen to deliver an innovative and proactive approach and be educated to at least degree level, ideally a design graduate.
- You must be able to demonstrate successful experience of handling all types of situations that would be expected within a fast paced commercially driven design department.
- Experience of building, training and development of design team technical skills working alongside the Senior Designer and Director of Wallcoverings Design
- Travel is anticipated within the UK/EU when visiting factories and exhibitions however this role is primarily office based.
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
- Competitive salary
- Amazing team
- Exciting and highly creative market sector
- Great benefits
- Good work / life balance
Due to the location you will need your own car.
Keywords: Wall coverings, technical manager, separation artist, wall paper, wall-paper, wallpaper, crafts, fashion, illustration, art, interiors, textiles, surface patterns, colours, team leader, client facing.
Commutable from: Manchester, Huddersfield, Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Preston, Halifax, Bradford, West Yorkshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.