Product & Graphic Designer – Inhouseref: 3094 HOINSEP
- £23,000 to £28,000, (depending on experience)
Our client is the UK’s leading theming events company. They supply to TV, media and the events industry specialising in design, manufacture, supply and installation of premier quality sets, themes and accessories.
They have an extensive range of production facilities including CNC machines, 3-D scanning & milling as well as a design & print studio.
Based at their Head Offices in North Yorkshire, this is an amazing opportunity for a talented creative designer to join a unique design department. The role is fast-paced, challenging and rewarding, with no two days ever being the same.
Our Ideal Candidate;
They’re looking for a self-starter, someone ready to get their teeth into a unique product & graphic designer hybrid role. A master of both dimensions, you will be an intuitive, naturally curious and a bit of a tinkerer. You won’t be scared to push barriers and be a detail minded individual that is passionate, excited and quick! You won’t be put off by change and be a real people person.
You would be joining the Design dept manager, a team of 3 designers and the Bespoke Sales team in an enchanted forest themed ofﬁce. You would also work closely with the production team and its department manager.
You will be designing:
- Props for hire of course
- Redesigns of existing products
- Bespoke concepts & products
- Interactive products
- Drinks bars & food stalls
- Bespoke packaging solutions
- Table centres & furniture
- 2d print-based products
- Entranceways & building facades
Products are designed to be put together quickly with no tools and in a way that is easy to understand. Designs must be easy to maintain. Possible to be customised as an up-sell opportunity. Designs must be structurally sound and strong with all unnecessary weight stripped out.
Product and Graphic Designer
- A PENCIL – They are the right mix of old school and new school. Start your designs with a pencil and paper, you’ll will get on just ﬁne! You can communicate ideas through sketching but also using it as a tool to create imaginative and conceptual designs.
- SOLIDWORKS – Build the product in a virtual world, ﬁnd and hit those manufacturing problems and solve them before the build team touch the project. Use your impressive graphic design skills to turn these models into drawings that are clear, concise and detailed.
- ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE – They have full access to the Adobe Creative suite. They mainly use Photoshop and Illustrator, however do also dabble in the other software that Adobe offer. Such as Premiere and InDesign.
- PHOTOSHOP – Everything is possible with Photoshop and you get this. Perfect for taking your concept sketches into the digital world as well creating knockout visuals that are destined to sell.
- ILLUSTRATOR – This is one of their most frequently used pieces of software that is perfect for this role. They use it for its ability not just as a graphic and print design software, but they also use it as an invaluable 2D CAD software.
- WINDOWS – They don’t use Mac’s. If you can make it work in windows, then you’re a true problem solver who doesn’t mind slumming it with the rest of them!
- SKETCH-UP – Skills in this software is a plus too! They use it to block out shapes in preparation for accurately scaled concept visuals. They also use it to create conceptual design for events.
Based at their Head Ofﬁce / Production Site at Thorp Arch Industrial Estate in Wetherby.
Usual hours of work 8:00 – 16.30, Mon-Fri (overtime occasionally required for important projects and tight deadlines).
Contract Type: Permanent, 40hrs + OT, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, pension
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience.
Include your salary expectations with application.
Keywords: graphic designer, product designer, hybrid designer, creative designer, solidworks, sketchup, sketch-up, sketch up, 3d, cad, prop design, events design, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, Product design jobs, creative design jobs in yorkshire.
Commutable from: Bradford, Leeds, York, Harrogate, Skipton, Wetherby, Wakefield, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.