Photography and Videography Assistant – eCommerceref: 4057 LSHNR4F
- £20K to £22K DOE
Our client has been growing since 2003 and are now Europe’s leading online retailer within their home décor sector, with over 15 million customers worldwide!
With dedicated websites for the UK, Germany & France, and selling through their Amazon channels throughout Europe and North America, their year-on-year revenue growth averages at 38% per year for the last 3 years.
They are now ready for the next phase of their exciting growth story and are looking for Photography Assistant and Videographer to join the team asap!
Our Ideal candidate;
They are recruiting a Photography and Videography Assistant to support the Creative & Photography Manager. This is an exciting, full time, opportunity to join their busy Creative Department. You love creating video for social media and be trained junior photographer that is looking for long term career.
This is a challenging role in which flexibility and a willingness to “get stuck in” will be key. It will be suitable for a candidate with plenty of initiative, a creative eye, and a can-do attitude.
Photography: You will help to coordinate all aspects of product photoshoots, from location recces and product delivery through to post-shoot image management. You will play a key role in ensuring that all elements of a shoot run smoothly and successfully, as well as being responsible for coordinating all our whitespace cut-out product photography with a studio photographer.
Videography: You will also be a creative individual who can deliver the vision of the brand through video assets. As a brand, storytelling is at the heart of everything they do, and this position will be integral in bringing that story to life. As the video lead in the business, you will be integral in delivering quality and engaging short-form video content particularly across social media channels. The role requires an energetic creative person who has great ideas and a passion for engaging videos for platforms like TikTok, IGTV etc.
- Managing new imagery post-shoot, including naming and uploading images to the company drive
- Delivering all video content requirements as per the video content strategy including receiving content requirements, planning, shooting, editing and delivering the final version as briefed.
- Managing all whitespace photography with the Freelance Photographer.
- Overseeing studio product shoots with studio photographer, following brief provided by Photography Manager
- Helping to coordinate set builds at photography studio
- Organising location recces and booking locations
- Work with the marketing/Brand team to ensure photography execution is optimal.
- Assisting on photoshoots
Junior Photographer / Videographer
- Must be proficient at using video editing software (for social media using Mobile or SLR equipment)
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships across the teams
- Must be flexible on working hours during location shoots
- Must be able to drive and have own transport
- Must be passionate about photography and videography
- A highly organised but flexible approach to working within a fast paced and fluid environment, with proven time management skills
- A strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- A self-starter with a willingness to get stuck in
- Basic Excel and MS Office skills
You will already have a strong portfolio of creative video content (on media such as IG TV or Tik Tok) and a grounding in professional photography.
What is in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
This role would suit someone who has recently graduated from college/university with a creative qualification who is ambitious, energetic and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hours 40pw – Monday – Friday
- Flexibility to work from home a few days a week
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
Keywords: Photographer, Photography, junior photographer, Photography Assistand, Photographer Assistant, Videography, Videographer, Tik Tok, IG, Instagram, Vlogger, Vlogging, YouTube, eCommerce, retail.
Commutable from: Leeds, York, Harrogate, Bradford, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Halifax, Brighouse, Barnsley, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.