Junior UX Designer – eCommerceref: 4059 MCASIF1
- Negotiable Dependant on Experience
Our client is an international E-commerce fashion retailer growing at a rapid pace. With large head offices based in Bradford, they offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. Innovation is key as they look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and their business processes.
They are looking for a junior UX / User Experience Designer to join their specialist UX team ASAP.
Our Ideal candidate;
They are looking for someone with a passion for UX design with an awareness and understanding of how and why people use online products. You will have studied UX at university or currently be a junior UX designer from another agency / inhouse company.
Your role will be to help define the interactivity and UX on a variety of products; proposing solutions that provide users with the most effective, efficient and enjoyable experience as possible. You will be working with the UX Manager to help further develop the UX strategy, investigate problem areas and ensure all the product experience is driven by a user centric approach.
- Investigate – Investigate and explore user and interactive problems.
- Design – Create meaningful UX deliverables such as storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interaction models, journey flows, conceptual designs, and presentations.
- Deliver – Produce UX solutions that improve the core workflows of target users
- Understand Users – Conduct user research to better understand intent, motivation and behaviour
- Collaborate – Work closely with a team of stakeholders, strategists, analysts, developers, and designers.
- Design and create working prototypes in XD.
- Prototype concepts using a variety of methods (both analogue and digital) and use it to inform projects.
Junior UX designer
- A passion for user-centered design, service design.
- A degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, human factors or related field.
- Related experience within UX designer or similar.
- Ability to review existing systems and processes to help identify issues and develop recommendations.
- Familiarity with UX trends, methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD is desirable.
- Skills in tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Exposure to designing, planning and facilitating user research.
- Experience of working with data and data analysts to identify new opportunities of improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of the constraints placed on UX by specific technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- The role is subject to credit checks.
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
Their staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, good work/life balance, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With their generous benefits and supportive teams, their staff enjoy helping them on their mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Their mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping and their emphasis on innovation makes this a great place to be at the forefront of eCommerce.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Commutable from: Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Halifax, Dewsbury, Harrogate, Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.