Instruction Manual Designer / Writer – Retailref: 3020 NVOASLD
- £22000 with great benefits
Our client is an international multi-website, online ecommerce retail company with a product range that spans interiors, bathrooms, heating, lighting and more. They are expanding quickly and urgently require a Technical Writer / Designer / Administrator to help drive their media forward.
Instruction Manual Designer
The key purpose of the role is to compose clear and coherent technical information, write high quality, user friendly and helpful instruction manuals, which help customers when installing products.
To ensure a consistent level of high quality/ high value information is available to support customers with product installation.
To provide support to the Buying & Merchandising Team as required.
To effectively interact with product managers, to enable you to build your knowledge, identify key issues and develop a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required.
To review, interpret and simplify product information so that this is easily understood by the customer or end user.
To create high quality, easy to understand and effectively written product manuals or guides, which support the end user in establishing the information they require.
To determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions, ensuring the greatest reader comprehension and writing and editing technical information accordingly.
To use graphics and illustrations to compliment your technical writing and achieve the greatest reader comprehension. These illustrations will be utilised and presented in the most effective manner.
To quality check and edit the work produced by the Buying & Merchandising Team, to ensure all work (including your own) is clear, effectively written and consistently of a high standard.
To adapt the content and communication to effectively suit the audience, brand and language.
To manage and catalogue all material used and created, to ensure a comprehensive and efficient filing system.
To take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are commensurate with the salary of the post and are within the employee’s range of skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed.
Copywriting, Artwork and Proof Reading
- An understanding of MS office, Adobe Illustrator / In Design
- Experience of using Technical data / documents.
- Experience of creating documentations/ manuals.
- Qualification in graphic design or similar.
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator etc)
- Familiar with common file formats, such as, PDF, PNG, JPG etc
- Experience with document layouts and typography
- Use of shared graphical assets and illustrated product imagery
- You will be able to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people (both verbally and in writing).
- A positive ‘Can do’ attitude towards all aspects of the role
- Treats everyone equally, with respect and dignity.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player with high expectations of self and others.
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
Salary up to £22K
Cycle to Work scheme
Keywords: Copywriter, Proofreader, proof reader, illustrator, technical drawing, designer, artworker, Instruction manuals, technical author, Administrator, Photoshop, Artworker, Jobs in Burnley.
Commutable from: Burnley, Colne, Blackburn, Skipton, Rochdale, Manchester, Nelson, Halifax, Preston.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.