Communications Executive – Inhouseref: 3037 ONASOQI
- £23K to £25K + Bonus + Benefits
Our client is a well-known, popular UK consumer website with offices based in Sheffield and London. They were the first UK website to provide the service they offer and work with retailers, product and service providers across the world. They urgently require a communications executive to join the team asap.
The Communications Executive will play a key role in the Company’s Marketing team, working on their proactive and reactive media relations, building relationships with journalists and bloggers and furthering their awareness and reputation among consumers, as well as in the B2B world. This is a great role for someone with the drive and determination to learn by doing and advance in PR. The role will also play a role in internal communications.
- Build brand awareness to position the Company in the front of the consumer’s / shopper’s mind, before they shop.
- Be a brand advocate, proactively finding media opportunities for the Company
- Research and deliver engaging Company content including press releases and features for external media
- Ensure the Company’s best deals get to the media and consumers
- Hijack any media or cultural opportunities to promote the Company
- Help manage reactive media in a thoughtful, sensitive and timely manner, from minor issues up to (thankfully very rare) crises
- Form and nurture relationships with key media to help promote the Company, from national journalists to niche bloggers
- Work closely with areas like SEO and Affiliates & Partnerships to align PR work to wider marketing goals of driving new members to join and inspiring existing members to be evangelical
- Carry out monthly analysis on the Company’s media activity, evaluating work against KPIs
- Perform any reasonable request made by a manager
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good attention to detail
- Resilient, can thrive under pressure when working to deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility for projects from idea and planning to delivery and reporting
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Reliable, determined and punctual
- Works well with others
- PR experience – agency experience is a bonus
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
They are offering a fantastic opportunity to join and grow within a market leading brand with a salary up to a max £25k (depending on experience) with a 5% company performance bonus.
They also offer 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, long service award after 3 years service (max additional 5 days annual leave), private medical cash plan (Simply Health), Optical, Season Ticket Loans, Cycle to Work, free food and drink and regular fully funded socials.
The role can be based in Sheffield or London (their other office).
Keywords: Communications, Communications executive, Communications exec, Account executive, PR Exec, PR executive, Marketing executive, Marketing team, PR jobs, journalist, comms jobs.
Commutable from: Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Halifax, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Elland, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield, South Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.