AV / VC – Design Engineer – Halifaxref: 2091 MNOUIS5
Our Client is global specialist in technology with a focus on future audio visual, video conferencing and cloud based solutions. They offer solutions which consider the many facets that businesses need when making the decision to invest in new technology and are looking for a AV / VC – Design Engineer to join their growing team.
Audio Visual Design Engineer
Working as part of the Design and Innovation team, you will be responsible for developing solutions for their customers. Working alongside the company sales team and the client to develop functional specifications and kit lists to meet the needs of users. When projects go live, you will develop the detailed design; producing plans, schematics, wiring schedules and network designs to industry standards.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the research and testing of new products, and communicating their features and benefits to the sales team and clients.
Video Conferencing Design Engineer
- Engage with the client, users, project managers, and other trade contractors in the design of audio visual solutions.
- Production of detailed kit lists, and functional specifications for AV/VC solutions.
- Production of audio visual M&E drawings for power, data and cable containment.
- Production of audio visual system schematics and cable schedules.
- Research and testing of new products and technologies to assess suitability for our customers.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to non-technical project delivery team.
- There may be a requirement to travel as the projects are located all over the world.
AV / VC – Design Engineer
Required Skills (some of the following):
- Working knowledge of AV Systems, and Video Conferencing technologies.
- Experience of enterprise level solution design for large scale new build / refurbishment projects.
- Experience in client facing environment.
- Experience of working with other trades, electricians, data engineers, construction and fit out.
- Understanding of AV systems integration with IT systems and IT networks.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD for 2D design work.
- Experience of the following manufactures/technologies: AMX/Crestron, Extron, Audio DSPs, Cisco Video Conferencing end points, Digital Signage
- Industry or manufacturer certifications such as Infocomm CTS-D
- Installation / Commissioning or Project management experience.
What’s in it for you apart from an amazing job opportunity?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a fantastic company in an exciting and emerging sector. They have a brilliant reputation and a down-to-earth management team and are looking to add more like-minded individuals to their growing team.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Keywords: Audio Visual, AV, Video Conferencing, VC, IT systems, microsoft, IT Support, IT Technician, Installation, Microsfot office, 1st line support, remote desktop.
Commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Manchester, Dewsbury, Sheffield, Yorkshire, West Yorkshire.
Important information before applying for the role:
By applying for this role you authorise us to add your details to our secure ATS system so that we can contact you via email / phone to provide more information about this / similar roles and industry news.