Junior to MW PHP Developer – Wakefieldref: 1970 NUE33BA6
- 20 to 30K Depending on experience
Our client is a forward thinking, fast paced and growing digital agency based in Wakefield. They need to expand our team to meet the ever increasing demand for websites, web apps, mobile apps and other exciting projects.
They are looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
PHP developer – Our Ideal candidate;
You will be a PHP Developer that writes beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of their products and their client’s work in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of ongoing development from initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
PHP developer – Core responsibilities;
- Writing ‘clean’, well-designed PHP
- Building efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintaining our core products and client work
- Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Following industry best practices
PHP developer – Required Skills:
- Good level of core PHP ability and demonstrable existing PHP experience
- Experience working within a PHP MVC framework
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Understanding of and ability to apply core SOLID concepts of OOP programming
- Good knowledge of MYSQL relational databases, version control tools and of developing basic web services
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate with a team and customers effectively
- Bonus points for:CSS/SASS knowledge
- Experience with different PHP MVC frameworks
- Experience working with PHP open source projects
This is a great chance to work with a small but fast growing business that is recruiting in many areas. You will not need to have much experience but will need to be a good communicator. They require a good communicator to be able to work closely with their front-end and project managers and would prefer a good communicator/hard worker over someone more senior/technical.
£20000 to £30000 salary depending on experience.
Keywords: PHP developer, Back end developer, web developer, MVC, HTML, css, responsive design, mobile apps, website development, junior, MW, Midweight, middleweight.
Commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Barnsley, West Yorkshire.