3D Designer – Exhibitions Company in North Yorkshireref: 1948 OIHBFEX
- North Yorkshire
- 18 to 21K (negotiable DOE)
Our client is a small, successful design company that specialises in the design and production of exhibition stands across the UK, Europe and Worldwide for a varied client base. They are looking for a talented and experienced 3D designer based at Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire.
Our Ideal candidate;
You will have experience of designing 3D visuals, exhibitions / POS, stands, shop fittings or similar products as well as having the ability to design for production. You will be able to project manage your designs through to construction and have an interest in exhibition design.
The successful candidate will produce eye-catching 3D visuals, technical drawings for manufacturing and also CAD plans for major events as well as the execution of day to day project management and administration tasks. You will report directly to the Managing Director. Due to the nature of the industry your role may also include ‘on site’ work and evening/weekend work when required. Your role will include:
- Liaising with clients to take a brief.
- Assessing client requirements and budget considerations
- Producing sketches, 3D design proposals and technical drawings for manufacture
- Client presentations via email/skype/ face to face
- Obtain costs and produce client quotes
- Updating plans, visuals, quotes, budget sheets and reports for the duration of the project
- Amending CAD plans for Shows.
- Project management in the form of specification reports, graphic schematics, and raising purchase orders for materials and services to deadline
- Taking financial responsibility for delivering a project to budget
- Graphic design work (limited) for application to visuals and setting some clients graphics displays.
- Creating Site packs for the on-site team.
- You will also be expected to support other members of the team during busy periods; which may include help with checking in graphics and mounting name boards.
- Excellent skills with Apple Mac programmes inc Vectorworks, Auto-CAD, Cinema 4D, and Photoshop and Microsoft packages ( limited training available)
- Multi-project management and able to prioritise workload.
- Self-motivated and highly organised
- Good eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- This position is predominantly office based, but you may be required to attend client meetings, supervise build on site and assist with site builds. Therefore, some evenings and weekends may be required during these busy periods and to meet tight deadlines.
- The role will suit someone who is equally comfortable working alone and as part of a team.
- A full clean driving license is essential, due to the location of their offices
This is the chance to work for a growing company with a fantastic, international clients list and in a team that is passionate about what they do. You will have exposure to the full design life cycle and be able to develop your skills whilst playing an important role. The role is offering a starting salary of £18000 to £21000 depending on experience and can be either a permanent or long term contract position.
Due to the location you will need your own car.
Keywords: 3D design, exhibition design, shop fitting, product design, CAD design, vectorworks, vector works, auto-cad, auto cad, cinema 4d, 3D visual.
Commutable from: York, Harrogate, Boroughbridge, Knaresborough, Leeds, Ripon, Wetherby, Thirsk, North Yorkshire